- 2 oz butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
– Melt butter in saucepan.
– Add brown sugar, moisten.
– Cook on medium heat 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
– Whisk in cream, vanilla and salt.
– Cook on medium high heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 1 cup + 6 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 6 TBSP (2 oz) ground almonds
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 9 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3/4 cup sour cream
How to make it
- – Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- – Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean and rub the seeds into the sugar to break up clumps.
- – Whisk the flours, almonds, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- – Cream butter on medium speed for 1 minute. Slowly stream in sugar while continuing to beat. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- – Add dry ingredients alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with the dries.
- – Pour cake batter over butterscotch and pineapple in pan.
- – Bake cake until tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool cake in pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Turn cake out onto a platter. Serve warm or at room temperature.