- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups cranberry sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter or margarine until the lumps are no larger than peas. Stir in the egg just a little bit, but allow the mixture to stay somewhat crumbly.
- Sprinkle half of the mixture in an even layer in the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Pack down into a solid crust. Spread the cranberry sauce over the crust. Crumble the remaining mixture over the cranberry sauce.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is golden brown. Cool before slicing into bars.
recipes adapted from:allrecipes