2. Cuticle softener — Massage it in before treating yourself to a self-manicure.
3. Body oil in the tub — Gurl recommends a little conditioner in the tub for a quick and easy moisturizing bath oil.
4. Body moisturizer — Put some conditioner on your feet and then cover them with socks, recommends Positive Med. In the morning, you’ll wake up to soft, sandal-ready feet.
5. Shaving cream — Gurl suggests for a super-close moisturizing shave, ditch the cream and grab the conditioner.
6. Remove stuck ring —Slather some conditioner on your finger, and your stuck ring should slip right off.
7. Defrizz hair — A dab between your fingers and rubbed into the ends of your hair will help calm fly-aways and frizz.
8. Hair detangler — Mix one part conditioner and nine parts water in a spray bottle for a quick DIY spray detangler, recommends BuzzFeed.
9. “Dry clean” silk clothes and wash delicates — According to Reader’s Digest, hair conditioner can be used to gently wash silks. Add a tablespoon to a sink filled with water (warm for whites, cold for colors). Let the garment soak a few minutes before rinsing. Hang to dry. You can also use a drop as a gentle soap for hand-washing other delicates like lingerie.
10. Salvage a shrunken sweater — Some fabrics can be unshrunk with a little help from conditioner, writes Gurl. Soak the shrunken sweater for 30 to 60 minutes in warm water with conditioner. Then ring it out and stretch it gently back into the desired shape while it lies flat to dry.
11. Soften fabrics — Run out of fabric softener? No problem. Spray diluted conditioner onto a washcloth and throw it in the dryer like a regular dryer sheet.
12. Protect leather shoes from snow and salt — Reader’s Digest recommends lathering boots and shoes in conditioner to protect and condition them during the snowy season.
13. Soften makeup and paint brushes — It works just like it does in your hair.
14. Prevent tools from rusting — “One way to condition [tools] and keep rust from invading is to rub them down with hair conditioner,” recommends Reader’s Digest.
15. Unclog drains — A bit of conditioner down the drain can help loosen clogs. Follow the conditioner with running hot water.
16. Shine stainless steel — Smear a little conditioner on your stainless steel appliances and then buff away with a cloth.