In addition, the side-effects of some of the harmful ingredients in commercial laundry detergents include skin or eye irritation, endocrine disruption, and even some types of cancer.
However, you can do the laundry and prevent all these health issues by using only one natural ingredient. This natural laundry detergent is less expensive and as effective as most store-bought laundry detergents. All you need to do is add some white vinegar to your washing machine drum.
Here Is Why You Should Use White Vinegar as Natural Laundry Detergent:
- It is recommended to add 1/2 cup of white vinegar on the clothes before washing them. Moreover, it can increase the efficacy of the laundry detergent, protect the color of your clothes, as well as lower any soapy residue after the washing.
- You should use white vinegar rather than fabric softener. The only thing you should do is add some vinegar in the designated compartment of your washing machine. In fact, it is as effective as any fabric softener, but it does not result in any side-effects.
- You can prevent any detergent residue on your clothes after washing by adding 1/2 cup of white vinegar to the laundry.
- The acid present in white vinegar can eliminate any deodorant or sweat stains from white clothes.
- You can also remove or neutralize unpleasant odors from your clothes by adding some white vinegar to the laundry.
- By using white vinegar you can effectively remove animal fuzz and hairs from some fabrics.
- Make a mixture of hot water and 1/2 cup of white vinegar and then soak the laundry in the solution. Leave it soak during the night and wash it as usual in the morning.
- You should also add 6 tbsp. of white vinegar to the hand wash and leave it to soak for about 30 minutes. You can also use it for washing underwear and swimwear.
- The vinegar contains acid that can aid in taking care of the static charge.
- You can also clean and de-scale the washing machine completely naturally by using some white vinegar.