Sciatica pain is one of the most common conditions of the day, due to a stressful lifestyle, improper sitting, or the overall gene factor. But did you know how beneficial yoga is to treating this pain?
The sciatic nerve is the longest in the human body, and begins at the spine base all the way to the tight, ending at the foot. Sciatica can occur in all people, abut with some the pain is chronic and could cause severe problems.
Here are the main symptoms of inflamed sciatica nerve:
- Pain in areas close to the sciatic, such as the lower back, buttock, back of the thigh, and/or calf.
- Tingling, fatigue, numbness, or loss of feeling in lower limbs.
- An electric, burning, pinching, or pins-and-needles feeling in the same area.
- Knees weakness when standing up.
- Foot drop: when you can’t flex your ankles enough to walk on your heels.
- Weak reflexes in the Achilles tendon and knee.
Sciatica Pain Causes
The spine curve is the main starting point of all pain related to the sciatica nerve. This is also known as herniated disc, and asks for immediate doctor’s attention.
Around 70% of all sciatica nerve cases are due to the occurrence of piriformis syndrome. This represents a tiny muscle located deep in the buttock that instantly affects the sciatic nerve in case of spasms, strains, injury, and swelling.
8 Yoga Poses For Sciatica Pain
Yoga represents a special discipline of stretching and tightening the body, while keeping is safe from harm and exposed to less injuries. Therefore, many people turn to yoga as a wonderful practice, which can also help amazingly in treating sciatic nerve pain.
Here are the top 8 yoga poses that will help you relieve sciatica nerve pain:
- The Standing Back Twist
Begin by placing your foot up on a chair, while keeping the back of your opposite hand on the knee.
The other hand has to go on your hip. Start turning your body by staying firm in the hips and hold posture for thirty seconds. Switch sides and make sure not to push it if there’s a pain.