- 1/2 cup lentils red or green
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 large yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small butternut squash peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3 cups fat free vegetable broth
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add in garlic, onions, carrots and squash, and sauce until veggies begin to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in remaining ingredients (except the lemon juice), and bring to a simmer. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Turn heat to low, cover and let cook about 1-2 hours or until lentils are tender.
- Squeeze in lemon juice just before serving.
Source : allrecipes.Com