6 Equal Servings
4Pointsplus, 3 Smartpoints
- 75 g wild rice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 50 g dried apricots
- 75 g barley (about 5 tablespoons)
- 30 g oatmeal (about 3 tablespoons)
- 30 g bulgur (about 3 tablespoons)
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- a pinch of salt
- Add the wild rice to 500 ml water, bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes. Drain in a colander. Grease a baking dish with butter.
- Chop the dried apricots, combine with the rice and all the other ingredients in a casserole dish.
- Add 1,2 liters of water and mix well everything together.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees C for about 80 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let the granola cool completely. Pour into a glass jar or a plastic box and keep in the fridge (can be stored for up to 5 days).
- When ready to eat, heat a few spoonfuls of the cereal with some milk in a saucepan, while stirring. Serve with fresh berries or other fruit.
Nutritional Info :
Calories: 175 Fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 34 g Sugar: 1 g Fiber: 3.5 g Protein: 4 g Cholesterol: 3 g