When it comes to dessert, it’s hard to top a rich, decadent cake that’s full of flavor and has everyone begging for seconds. This white Texas sheet cake is just the ticket for when you want something indulgent that only takes 20 minutes to throw together – it’s chock full of flavor and perfect for a party…unless sharing it is too difficult, in which case we completely understand.
What really makes this cake special are the vanilla and almond extracts we added in. They kick things up a notch, in both the cake itself and the frosting, and add a depth of flavor that would be sadly missing otherwise. Given the perfection of this cake, we do apologize in advance for those who are watching their waistlines.
We can attest firsthand to this dessert’s addictive quality, so it’s worth mentioning that, because this recipe feeds a crowd, it’s a good idea to make one and then share it with plenty of people, ensuring you don’t end up eating the whole thing…not that there’s anything wrong with that – we’ve all been there before. Any who, switch things up from the typical Texas sheet cake and make this one instead – you’ll be totally hooked in no time!
White Texas Sheet Cake Recipe
40 minutes to prepare serves 18-22
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 4 1/2-5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 13×18-inch cake pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt).
- In a separate, large bowl, stir together sugar, water, melted butter, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla and almond extracts until combined.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just incorporated, then pour mixture into greased cake pan.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 18-21 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, whisk together all frosting ingredients except for the sliced almonds until frosting is smooth and desired consistency is reached.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool 5 minutes, then pour icing over the cake and cover with sliced almonds. Let set, then slice into squares and enjoy.
Source: 12tomatoes & The Novice Chef Blog
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE.. PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON OR OPPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!