All you need is four ingredients: lemon, hearty-healthy olive oil, chives, and—last but not least—white beans, which contain nearly 4 grams of resistant starch per serving. Pair with assorted raw vegetables, like broccoli, to get even more fiber and fat-burning resistant starch from this wholesome snack.
- Prep Time:
- Yield: 1 serving
- 1/4 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Assorted raw vegetables, such as chopped broccoli florets, sliced green and red peppers, and baby carrots
1. Combine beans, chives, lemon juice, and oil in a small bowl. Mash with a fork until smooth.
2. Serve with 1/2 cup raw vegetables, such as cucumbers, carrots, sugar snap peas, bell peppers, broccoli, and grape tomatoes.
|Calories per serving:||150|
|Fat per serving:||10g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||14g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||35mg|
|Rs per serving:||2g|
Good to Know
The MUFAs, fiber, and resistant starch in this snack will tide you over until your next meal.