The white half-moon on your nail is called lunula and is a very important part of our body. It is extremely sensitive, and some experts say that its size can be a possible cause of various diseases.
If the half-moon isnon- existent or is reduced, this may point to possible diseases.
In Latin lunula means “little moon,” but it is actually the visible part of the nail root. It is most noticeable on the thumb.
The white color of lunula is apparent because the fifth basal layer of the epidermis is hiding underneath the blood cells.
The absence of lunula can cause the following:
– If the thumb does not have lunula, it might trigger psychological disease.
– If the lunula of the forefinger is very little or there isn’t really any, it can cause problems with the intestines, liver, pancreas, and with the reproductive system in females.
– The lack of lunula on the middle finger shows a problem with high blood pressure.
– If the lunula on the ring finger is missing or significantly reduced it usually indicates to a thyroid gland issues.
– Last but not least, if there is no lunula on the little finger, it points to some issue regarding intestines, pancreas, liver, and only for women, reproductive system issues.
Your health can be improved by practicing yoga for the fingers.
Thanks for reading! Please feel free to share it with your family and friends
source : http://hfstips.com