- 6 (1-1/2 CUP) SERVINGS
- 6 oz 99% fat free ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 medium carrots, grated or diced (I use my Pampered Chef Food Chopper and it only takes 30 seconds to dice them all!)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 64 oz 99% fat free, reduced sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup uncooked whole wheat orzo
- 2 cups thinly sliced raw kale
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, garlic powder, one tablespoon of the grated Parmesan, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, egg white and milk. Using your hands (or a spoon), mush all the ingredients together until well combined. Roll meat mixture into 30 separate (3/4” – 1”) mini meatballs.
- In a large stock pot (or a large skillet, but if you cook these in the pot you can totally use one pot for the entire meal and have one less to wash!), bring 2 teaspoons of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the meatballs to the oil and cook them, stirring occasionally until all sides are browned. Remove meatballs to a dish and set aside.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil to the pot and continue to heat to medium. Add the carrots, onion and garlic and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are softened.
- Add the chicken broth to the vegetables in the stock pot and cover. Bring to a boil and then uncover to add the meatballs, remaining 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of Parmesan, orzo and kale. Stir to combine and make sure the soup is at a boil. Re-cover the pot and return heat to medium to simmer. Cook for about 15 minutes until the orzo and meatballs are cooked through.
Nutritional Info :
- WEIGHT WATCHERS SMARTPOINTS:
3 per (1 ½ cup) serving (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
- WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS:
4 per (1 ½ cup) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
- NUTRITION INFORMATION:
169 calories, 18 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 14 g protein, 3 g fiber