- 40 cookies | Serving size: 1 cookie |
- 2 cups flour, (I used White Whole Wheat King Arthur Brand…unrefined flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unrefined coconut oil melted, (optional 1 cup unsalted real butter at room temperature)
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup diced walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Tip: When measuring flour, spoon into measuring cup and level off being careful not to pack flour. It’s important not to scoop flour from bag as this will pack flour and make a heavier cookie.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add oats and stir to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat coconut oil and coconut palm sugar until incorporated, about 4 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs and mix on low speed until well combined. Add oat mixture a little at a time just until combined. Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
- Roll dough into small balls and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet or non-strick cookie sheet and place about 2″ apart. You should get 40 balls altogether. Press cookies down slightly, place on the center oven rack. Bake cookies 7 minutes, rotate pan and bake an additional 7 minutes, or just until set. Cookies should be still slightly soft in the center as they will continue baking when removed from the oven. Allow cookies to cool two minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Allow cookies to cool completely, store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. For best results, do not refrigerate.
Nutritional Info :
- Calories: 127 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 20 mg | Sodium: 23 mg | Carbohydrates: 15 g | Dietary fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 3 g | SmartPoints: 5