Servings : 4
- 20 ounces beef sirloin steak cut into cubes
- 6 cloves garlic grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 English cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato cut in cubes
Pickled Red Onions
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 juice of lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place beef cubes in a large resealable plastic bag and add next 4 ingredients (garlic through fish sauce). Toss well to coat and marinade for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Heat a large wok or frying pan over high heat and spray with cooking spray. Saute beef until browned, about 5-7 minutes. Remove fro pan and let rest 5-10 minutes.
- While beef is cooking, pickle the red onions by tossing the slices with lime juice and salt; set aside.
- Prepare the dipping sauce by whisking together the lime juice with salt and pepper; set aside.
- To serve, place the beef, cucumber and tomato slices on a large platter and top with pickled onions. Serve with lime dipping sauce.
Source : allrecipes.com