This recipe was made by one of our group members on Facebook, Rob Hyde.
It’s difficult to trace the exact origin of the recipe as you only have to Google the words Coconut Sheet Cake and you will get hundreds of results!
Suffice to say, the recipe is a Tried and Tested, and Rob has kindly shared his experiences and photos to show us how moist this cake is.
Rob tells us it is ‘Out of this world!, So moist’, and it certainly looks it!.
5 Reasons to Love This Coconut Cake Recipe
- Not Dry: This coconut cake is mega moist. There’s no point wasting your time (or calories!) on dry cakes.
- Intensely Flavorful: Using coconut milk, shredded coconut, and coconut extract, you are guaranteed an intensely flavorful coconut cake.
- Soft & Fluffy: Following the recipe carefully, as well as using the power ingredients described below, you are guaranteed a soft-as-silk coconut cake crumb.
- Any Shape: Use this cake batter for coconut bundt cake, coconut cupcakes, a 2 layer cake, 3 layer cake, or a coconut sheet cake.
- Gets Along With Everyone: Use the frosting recipe below or try strawberry frosting, lemon frosting, brown butter cream cheese frosting, champagne frosting, chocolate buttercream. And don’t forget to drizzle salted caramel on top!
- 1 Duncan Hines white cake mix.
- 3 eggs.
- 1 cup of milk.
- ½ cup of vegetable oil.
- 1 small box of vanilla or almond pudding.
- 1 tsp of vanilla or almond extract.
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients together and pour into a greased and floured 9×13 pan.In a preheated oven to 350° bake for 32 to 35 minutes.
- To make the glaze, mix together 1 can of cream of coconut and 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Once the cake is ready, poke holes into it and pour the glaze evenly.
- Once the cake is cooled, mix 8 oz container of extra creamy cool whip and 12 oz of frozen grated coconut then frost the cake.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or so and Voila!
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON OR OPPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!