- 1 sleeve graham crackers (or sub similar gluten free cracker/cookie)
- 4.5 Tbsp melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- 12 ounces firm silken tofu, slightly drained and patted dry
- 1/2 cup creamy salted natural peanut butter (I like Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup (or sub honey if not vegan)
- 1 14-ounce can (~ 1/34 cups) full fat coconut milk OR coconut cream, chilled overnight (no shaking the can! You want the cream and liquid to remain separate)
CHOCOLATE GANACHE TOPPING
- 1 cup semisweet dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk (I used full fat coconut, but almond milk is fine, too)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly oil a standard glass pie pan (8 inches x 1 1/4 inches).
- Add graham crackers to a food processor and process until you achieve a semi-fine meal. A little texture is OK, just remove any large pieces that didn’t get ground. Add melted butter and pulse to combine.
- Add to greased pie pan and press down with your fingers to flatten. You can lie a piece of plastic wrap over the top when pressing down to ensure a more uniform layer. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Add tofu, peanut butter, maple syrup or agave to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more agave for added sweetness or a pinch of salt if your peanut butter wasn’t very salted.
- Next, scoop out the cream of our coconut milk or cream and whip into whipped cream in a large, chilled mixing bowl . Optional: sweeten with a little powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Fold the peanut butter-tofu mixture into the whipped cream.
- Pour filling over crust and pop in the freezer to chill. Once it’s fairly chilled and slighty firm (about 1 hour), prepare your ganache.
- Add chocolate chips to a bowl and heat your non-dairy milk to a low simmer. Then pour over chocolate chips and don’t touch for 5 minutes to allow it to melt. Then stir gently with a spoon or rubber spatula until a smooth ganache forms. If it doesn’t quite melt, you can also heat it in the microwave in 10 second increments until smooth and melted.
- Spoon over the top of the pie and spread in an even layer with a knife or spatula, working quickly as the ganache will get clumpy if it sets too long.
- Top with crushed, salted roasted peanuts (optional) and pop back in the freezer to set. 20-30 minutes before serving, remove from freezer and serve. Alternatively, you can chill this in the fridge, but it is much more delicate to slice and serve, but just as delicious.
- After the initial chill, make sure you cover the pie with plastic wrap to keep it fresh.
- Nutritional Info :
- Serving size: 1 slice
Fat: 27 g
Saturated fat: 13 g
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Sugar: 25 g
Sodium: 206 mg
Fiber: 3.4 g
Protein: 7 g