- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 onion , diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 28 oz . canned diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice (brown or white)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head of cabbage chopped (approx. 8 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9×13 pan.
- Brown ground beef, ground pork, onion and garlic until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato soup, canned tomatoes,tomato paste, dill, parsley and bay leaf. Simmer covered 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf and stir in rice.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add cabbage and cook until tender crisp.
- Place half of the cabbage in the pan. Top with half of the beef/rice mixture. Repeat layers ending with beef/rice.
Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes or until hot & bubbly.
Source : allrecipes.com