Tzatziki is a healthy sauce you can serve with chicken, grilled veggies, pita chips, gyros and as a raw veggie dip Great for summer!
A wonderful dip for summer! This goes so fast wen you take it to a party! Everyone loves it!
✅ Ingredients Needed:
- 1/2 large English cucumber peeled
- 16 oz Cold plain Greek yogurt 2 cups
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/3 cup dill chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice Juice of ½ lemon; please squeeze a real lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
✅ Step by Step Cooking Procedures:
- The Cucumber should be peeled, finely diced and strained of it’s juices. I squeezed it really tight by the fistful. You can use a cheese cloth if you wish. Getting rid of excess juice is important so that you tzatziki sauce isn’t watery the next day.
- Combine the strained and chopped cucumber with 2 cups plain greek yogurt, 1½ Tbsp lemon juice, 4 pressed garlic cloves, ⅓ cup chopped dill, ½ tsp salt (add more to taste) and ⅛ tsp black pepper.
- Mix everything together and add more salt to taste if needed. It’s best to refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving to let the flavors meld. It tastes even better when refrigerated overnight!