- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 3 cup (up to 4) fat free chicken broth, or vegetable stock
- 14 1⁄2 oz can diced tomatoes
- 14 1⁄2 oz can white beans, cannellini or other
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pasta shells, or shell pasta
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 3 cup baby spinach, cleaned and trimmed
- 1⁄8 tsp black pepper
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large sauce pan, sautee the shallots & garlic in the olive oil.
- Add broth, tomatoes, beans and rosemary to pot. Season with black and red pepper. Bring to boil.
- Add pasta and cook 12 minutes. If the soup seems too thick for your liking add a bit more broth.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
Smartpoints : 6
Serves : 4