- 8 ounces (about 3 cups) whole-wheat rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup nonfat milk, divided
- ½ cup grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated pepper Jack cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground ancho chile powder (see Notes)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1½ cups reduced-fat cottage cheese, preferably low-sodium
- 1 5- to 6-ounce can chunk light tuna (see Notes), drained and flaked
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles (see Notes), drained
- ¼ cup crumbled tortilla chips, preferably blue corn
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Meanwhile, whisk flour and 2 tablespoons milk in a small bowl. Heat the remaining milk in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat until steaming.
- Gradually whisk a few tablespoons of the hot milk into the milk-flour mixture, then whisk this mixture back into the skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce is smooth and slightly thickened, 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in Cheddar, pepper Jack, chile powder, salt and pepper.
- Puree cottage cheese in a food processor or blender until very smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Stir into the sauce in the skillet. Add tuna and the pasta; stir well to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle drained tomatoes evenly over the top.
- Bake until hot and bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Top with crumbled tortilla chips.
Source : allrecipes.com