- 1 lb all-purpose flour
- 1/2 oz fresh yeast
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb whole peeled tomatoes
- 3/4 lb fresh mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
1. Combine flour, yeast, salt and water to create dough. Allow to rise for about 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, cut the peeled tomatoes, squeeze them and leave to drain in a colander. Dice mozzarella; once the tomatoes have drained, add the diced mozzarella and season with salt and pepper. Roll out the dough into disks of about 8 inches in diameter and 0.2 inch thick.
3. Fill each disk with the tomato-mozzarellamixture, then fold into half-moon shaped pouches. Folding together the edges to seal the panzerotti.
4. Deep-fry in abundant olive oil. Flip the panzerotti often to prevent them to avoid burning on either side. Wait until the pouches are golden-brown in color. Then transfer to a plate for serving.
Source : allrecipes.com