- 3-3 1/2 pounds chicken pieces (breasts and/or thighs)
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- plum tomatoes, sliced, garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat and, in batches, cook chicken pieces until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add onions and mushrooms and sauté until translucent and fragrant. 5-7 minutes.
- Gradually stir in flour and mix until smooth and pasty.
- Mix in garlic salt and curry powder, then pour in tomatoes and chicken broth and let cook for 5-7 minutes, or until somewhat thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Return chicken pieces to skillet (or transfer everything to a separate casserole dish) and cover.
- Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Top chicken with sliced tomatoes and serve hot.
Source : allrecipes.com