The chia seeds exist for millennia, but many of you haven’t heard about it yet. It is first mentioned by the Aztecs, as a food used as a medicine and as a part of religious ceremonies.
This seed is extremely high in omega 3 fatty acids, protein, fiber, as well as antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins. It effectively regenerates the skin, burns fat, helps digestion, and strengthens the body.
Nutritionists recommend its consumption in the case of a weak body and low energy levels, and it is commonly used by athletes.
To be more specific, two tablespoons of chia seeds contain:
– 139 calories;
– 4 grams of proteins;
– 9 grams of fat;
– 12 grams of carbohydrates;
– 11 grams of fiber;
– Vitamins; and
Furthermore, they are commonly known to be an energy-booster, and that is why consumption of chia seeds is extremely beneficial and recommended in the case of weak body and lack of energy.
However, this is not the only benefit of these seeds, but they offer plenty of other health benefits. Therefore, here’s a list of the most important:
Chia Seeds Health Benefits
– It does not contain gluten
– It contains 20% protein
– It has 8 types of amino acids
– It can improve digestion and treat the symptoms of digestive system diseases due to its high content of fiber
– It has 20% of omega 3 fatty acids and is considered as one of the best foods for the heart and brain health. Chia seeds contain 8 times more omega 3 fatty acids compared to salmon
– It contains 5 times more calcium than milk
– It is a great source of antioxidant in fact it has 4 times more antioxidants than blueberries
– It has 2 times more potassium than bananas
– It contains 7 times more vitamin C than oranges
– It is extremely beneficial for the health of your skin, nails and hair
– It contains 3 times more iron than spinach
– It has positive influence on the glucose levels inside the blood hence it is beneficial for diabetics
– It is considered as a great alternative for eggs. Just mix chia seeds with water in order to create gel, and add them to recipes as replacement for eggs
How many seeds you need to consume in order to see the effect?
According to the nutritionists, the recommended daily dose of chia seeds is 1 tablespoon. While using them, make sure to consume plenty of water because they are abundant in fiber.
They have pleasant and mild taste, so you can blend them into your smoothies, or you can add them to salads. You can also add the chia seeds to the dough for muffins and bread.
You should soak the seeds in some water for 15 minutes, and they will grow in size, even 20 times bigger than their original size. Therefore, these seeds will keep you full for long.
You can also mix it with pineapples, almonds, or coconut oil, and prepare a delicious treat.
source : http://hfstips.com