Classic Chicken Noodle Casserole
30MIN TO PREPARE, SERVES 8
- 1 pound egg noodles
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (14 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen peas and carrots
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook egg noodles according to packaging directions, or until al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine soups and heavy cream and stir together to mix.
- Add frozen vegetables, cheddar cheese, cubed chicken and egg noodles, and season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into a large casserole dish and lightly tap it against the counter to remove air bubbles and smooth it out.
- In a separate bowl, toss together breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and melted butter. Sprinkle evenly over the top of casserole.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and sauce is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Transfer to serving bowls and garnish with more cheese.
Recipe adapted from TheTaylor-House.com