- 1 large onion
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large potatoes, cut into 1/2″ chunks
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Put the ingredients except for the flour and tomato paste into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 (or on low for 8-10) until the beef is tender and potatoes are fork-tender.
- Stir the stew once or twice as it cooks, if possible.
- 30 minutes before serving, transfer a ladle-ful of broth to a small mixing bowl.
- Add the flour and tomato paste. Whisk until smooth, then stir the mixture back into the stew and cook for the remaining half hour.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Source : allrecipes.com