- 12 LARGE OR 24 SMALL
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- desired fillings and toppings
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large saucepan bring the water, butter, salt, and sugar to a full boil. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in all of the flour until a ball is formed. Return to the heat and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer. Allow to cool for ten minutes.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time. Stir until the dough is combined and shiny.
- Drop the dough onto your prepared sheet using a large cookie scoop or 1/4 cup measuring cup.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 and continue to cook for an additional 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool, slice and add your desired filling.