- 3-4 ears of fresh corn in husk
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (sliced in half)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, (de-seeded & diced)
Corn Salad Dressing
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¾ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- Combine dressing ingredients in small bowl and whisk together. (1/4 will be used to baste corn, ½ will dress the salad & ¼ is reserved for marinating an accompanying protein or just to drizzle)
- Preheat grill.
- Peel back the corn husks, discarding all but a couple inner layers. Remove corn silk, then baste with dressing, and recover corn with remaining husk. *
- Grill on med-high for 20-25 minutes, turning 3-4 times during cooking time.*
- Remove the corn from grill and allow to cool a few minutes, then cut off stem end, place the flat cut end on bottom of large bowl, and run a small sharp knife down the length of the cob, slicing off kernels.
- Add the tomato, cilantro, jalapeno and ½ the dressing. Mix well.
- Serve at room temp or chilled.
Source : allrecipes.com