Yield: 8 servings
- Olive oil spray (make your own using a spray bottle)
- 1 lb. lean ground pork
- 1 teaspoon each: kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, dried rosemary, dried thyme, dried sage, paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (6 oz)
- 1 cup celery, chopped (4 oz)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (4 oz)
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground pork, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, thyme, sage, paprika, black pepper and cayenne.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes.
- Add the onion, celery, bell pepper, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are just-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and the ground pork mixture to the skillet, and cook, stirring and breaking up the meat as you cook, until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 more minutes.
- Transfer the skillet contents, undrained, to the prepared baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 158; Fat: 11g; Carbohydrates: 5g; Sugar: 1g; Sodium: 332mg;Fiber: 1g; Protein: 11g