A delicious and addicting Valentine’s Day Treat!
- 5 ounces white almond bark or white chocolate chocolate chips
- 5 ounces red candy melts (I found them at Michael’s craft store)
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 5 cups chex cereal
- 1 cup strawberry cake mix
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ package valentines chocolate M&M’s
- Start by dividing the chex mix into two bowls. (2½ cup in each)
- In microwave safe dish, melt the 5 ounces white almond bark or white chocolate chips. Add ½ teaspoon shortening so that the almond bark will spread evenly. Microwave 30 seconds at a time and be careful not to burn the almond bark. Dump this in the first bowl of chex and mix evenly to coat all of the chex cereal.
- Melt the red candy melts next also checking and stirring the candy melts 30 seconds at a time. Once this is melted, pour this over the second bowl of divided chex and mix until coated.
- In two gallon size ziplock bags, put ½ cup strawberry cake mix and ¼ cup powdered sugar in each bag. Dump each bowl of chex mix in each bag and shake until coated with the powdered sugar and strawberry powdered cake mix.