- 1 pound thickly sliced bacon, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup coffee
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until browned and almost crispy.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, then add onion to skillet and sauté over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Add garlic and season with salt and pepper, and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Stir in coffee, water, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, brown sugar, honey and butter, then season with chili powder and cinnamon.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently (and scraping browned bits off the bottom of the skillet), for 3-4 minutes.
- Return bacon to pan and cook for 1-2 hours over low heat, or until thickened.
- Once thickened, place “jam” in food processor and pulse until desired consistency is reached.
- Let cool and store in air-tight jars. Enjoy!
Source : allrecipes.Com