SWEET POTATO KALE FRITTERS
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked and pureed
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 2 cups fresh kale, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain or panko bread crumbs
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup peanut or vegetable oil
- Peel the sweet potatoes, and cut them into large chunks. Place potatoes into a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender; drain water. Transfer to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Remove and discard veins and stems from kale leaves, then fold kale leaves and chop into thin strips.
- Place kale into a large bowl and add pureed sweet potato, quinoa, eggs and bread crumbs.
- Add the cornstarch, ginger, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir ingredients to blend well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Use an ice cream scoop or large spoon to scoop out enough mixture to create six patties, and place into the heated oil.
- Cook patties on each side for three to four minutes. Repeat steps for each batch. Transfer patties to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with your favorite dipping sauce.
Recipe adapted from Yes, More Please