- 1 large sweet potato (1 ½ lb.), peeled & grated
- ¾ tsp grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss to combine the grated sweet potato, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet set over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions just begin to brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato mixture, along with the garlic and sage. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Cover the pan and cook until the sweet potato starts to brown on the bottom, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, make 4 indentations in the sweet potato and crack the 4 eggs into the indentations.
- Transfer the uncovered skillet to the oven and bake until the egg whites are cooked and the yolks are runny, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Source : allrecipes.com