- 2 servings
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for a sweeter taste use unrefined (non-hydrogented) coconut oil
- Peel sweet potato and cut into julienne strips. A MIU Stainless Steel Julienne Peeler works best and costs around $12.00.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add strings to a large mixing bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Spread strings evenly over a large cookie sheet. Stir every 10 minutes and continue to bake until crispy, approximately 30 minutes. Strings will
- continue to get crispy after coming out of the oven. Discard any potato strings that are overly brown. Allow to
- cool at room temperature. Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
- Eat as a snack, salad topper or atop soup and many other side dishes.
- If desired, add any of the following spices or herbs before baking:
- Cayenne Pepper
- Curry Powder
- Black Pepper
Nutritional Info :
Calories: 117 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Carbohydrates: 13 g | Sodium: 21cmg | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints: 4