- 2 ½ lbs raw sweet potatoes, sliced very thin (you can use a mandolin or a sharp knife)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 ½ tablespoons light butter, melted, divided (I used Land O’Lakes)
- 2 tablespoons light breakfast syrup (I used butter flavored syrup)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 5 teaspoons brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly mist a standard size 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the oil with one tablespoon of the butter, the syrup and the vanilla in a small dish or bowl. Place the sweet potato slices in a large mixing bowl and drizzle the syrup mixture over the potatoes. Stir until the potato slices are coated. Stack the slices into the cups of the prepared muffin tin to form even piles.
- In another small bowl, combine the salt with the flour, brown sugar, pecans and the remaining tablespoon and a half of melted butter. Stir together until well combined and then divide the mixture evenly over top of the potato stacks. Place the stacks in the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes until the stacks are cooked through.
Source : allrecipes.com