4 cloves garlic, peeled
1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup pine nuts
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 2/3 cups softened cream cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/3 cups sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained
1/3 cup tomato paste
3/4 cup butter
salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the garlic in a food processor. Mix in basil, lemon juice, pine nuts and olive oil. Process until well blended. Mix in 1/3 cup cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Blend using pulse setting until almost smooth. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
- Coarsely chop sun-dried tomatoes in the food processor. Mix in tomato paste and 1/3 cup cream cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Place 2 cups cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until fluffy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Line dish with plastic wrap so that the wrap extends over sides of the dish.
- Evenly spread 3/4 cup cream cheese and butter mixture in the prepared dish. Layer alternately with 1/2 the sun-dried tomato mixture, 1/2 cup cream cheese and butter mixture and 1/2 the pesto mixture. Repeat layering, topping with remaining cream cheese and butter mixture. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight.
- Carefully invert dish onto a platter and remove plastic to serve.
Source : allrecipes.Com