1/2 cup crushed saltines or bread crumbs if you don’t have the saltines around
2 pounds ground meat (beef, sausage, turkey or a mix)
3 cloves crushed garlic
1 small onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup ketchup (or BBQ sauce)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
cheese 4 swiss cheese slices and shredded 1/4 cup colby & 1/4 cup monterey jack
some ketchup (or BBQ sauce) for the top
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray loaf pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together meats, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, onion, salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. Don’t over mix, just mix with your hands until everything is combined well.
- Split meat mixture in half.
- Place half in the pan. Layer with the cheese slices and the shredded cheese
- Top with second half of the meat mixture, then go around the edges and make sure you seal the meatloaf to keep the cheese inside.
- Pour ketchup (or BBQ sauce) over the top and then bake for about 60 minutes or until meat is done