- 2 boneless turkey tenderloins (1 lb total)
- 1 tsp kosher salt (diamond crystal)
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 small (1/3 cup) white onion, chopped
- (6 oz) 1 1/4 cups diced butternut squash, 1/2-inch dice
- 5 black mission figs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3 sage leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
- cooking twine – 6 to 8 pieces
- cooking spray
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add onions and sauté for two minutes, or until golden. Add butternut squash and 2 tablespoons water and cover; cook on low for 10 minutes. Remove lid and add figs, garlic, spinach, salt, sage, and pepper and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Cut a pocket into the sides of the tenderloins, careful not to cut all
the way through at the ends. Season the inside and outside of the turkey
Stuff each turkey breast with about 3/4 cup of squash mixture. Cut
cooking twine long enough to tie each breast with 3 to 4 pieces of
twine. Cut off extra twine.
Preheat oven to 375°F.