Yield: 12 servings
- Olive oil spray (Whole Foods has one with no additives)
- 4 oz smoked cheddar
- 12 mini bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 12 bacon slices, halved crosswise
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and fit it with a wire rack. Lightly spray the wire rack with olive oil.
- Cut the cheddar into 24 strips and use them to stuff the mini pepper halves.
- Wrap the bacon pieces around the stuffed peppers. Arrange, cheese side up, on the wire rack. Lightly spray the peppers with olive oil.
- Bake until cheese is melted and lightly browned and bacon is crisp, about 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 2 stuffed pepper halves; Calories: 67; Fat: 5g; Carbohydrates: 2g;Sugar: 1g; Sodium: 138mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 4g