- 2 cups finely diced strawberries (or whatever fresh fruit you prefer)
- ½ medium yellow, red, or green pepper, finely diced
- 3 medium scallions, sliced thin, or ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice or rice wine vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, basil, parsley, or mint leaves
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, stir together all the ingredients, using the smaller amount of lime juice or vinegar and fresh herbs listed and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 to 30 minutes, for the flavors to blend.
- Before serving, taste and adjust the seasonings, adding more lime juice or vinegar, herbs and salt and pepper as needed.
Source : allrecipes.Com