- 1 White Cake Mix
- ½ Cup Strawberry Slices
- 8-9 Pineapple Rings
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar (or Brown Sugar Substitute)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare 9×13″ cake pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread unsalted butter over bottom of cake pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar (or substitute) over the top of butter.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes on top of the brown sugar. This will make a thin layer on the bottom of the pan. Just enough for flavor and texture.
- Place pineapple rings or slices and strawberry slices over coconut flakes arranging into a pattern or spreading out to make sure every piece of cake will have some of each. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cake mix, unsweetened coconut milk, egg, water, and coconut oil together until smooth. This usually takes 2-3 minutes when using a hand mixer, or 3-5 minutes mixing by hand.
- Pour batter into cake pan covering pineapple and strawberry slices.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-37 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean. A cake should be golden brown on the top and visible bubbling on the bottom from the fruit and butter combination.
- Allow to cool for at least one hour. Choose a baking sheet or platter that is slightly larger than your cake. Cover with aluminum foil if needed.
- Place covered sheet pan on top of the cake pan with top side covering cake pan. Invert and tap gently to release all sides. Remove cake pan.
Source : allrecipes.com