- 1 lb strawberries chopped (approximately 2 cups)
- 1/2 tablespoons lime zest (approximately 1 lime)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 ounce tequila
- Add all ingredients to a medium size sauce pan. Stir to combine. Heat over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes. Strawberries will be tender and sauce will be slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Mash the strawberries to desired consistency. Cover pot and allow the sauce to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Spoon onto dessert or store in refrigerator. Sauce can be poured cold from the fridge or heated up in microwave and poured warm over desserts.
Source : allrecipes.Com