- 1 stick salted Challenge butter, slightly softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 3 TBS lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350. Butter and flour one 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Cream Challenge butter and 1 cup of granulated sugar in the bowl of your mixer on medium speed for about 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then mix in the lemon zest.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. In another bowl, combine the 2 TBS of the lemon juice and the heavy cream. With the mixer on medium, add the flour and cream mixtures alternately to the batter, starting and ending with flour mixture. Pour into the loaf pan, smooth, and bake for about 45 minutes or until browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs but no batter.
- Let cake cook in the pan for about 15 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare glaze: In a blender or food processor, blend strawberries until smooth. Pour into a bowl and whisk in powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle over cake and serve.