These easy Strawberry Crumb Bars, with a buttery crust, strawberry filling, and crunchy crumb topping are perfect for a summer party
- Makes 20 servings .
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons corn starch
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease (or line with foil) a 9 x 13 pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, baking powder, salt, and flour. Cut in the butter using two knives or a pastry blender, until pieces are no bigger than pea sized. Stir in the egg to form a crumbly dough.
- Pat half of the dough in an even layer in the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, toss the strawberries with the 1/2 cup sugar and corn starch, then spread the strawberry mixture on top of the dough in the pan.
- Crumble the remaining dough evenly over the strawberry layer. Bake 45-50 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let cool before slicing and serving.
Nutritional Info :
- SMART POINTS 10