- 1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs, plus additional for topping
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 16-ounces fresh strawberries, divided
- (you’ll need 4 for the cream cheese layer and 5 whole for decoration)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 3.4-ounce package Strawberry Creme Pudding
- 4-ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 4 fresh strawberries, mashed
- 1 recipe of Stabilized Whipped Cream or 1 8-ounce tub of Cool Whip, divided
- Set 5 whole strawberries aside for decoration. Mash 4 of them for the cream cheese mixture and then slice the remaining strawberries.
- Prepare an 8 X 8 baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter and mix until well incorporated.
- Press into the prepared baking dish, and place into the freezer for a minimum of 30 minutes to set.
- In a small bowl mix the 1 1/2 cups milk with the package of strawberry pudding. DO NOT use the two cups as directed on the package. We want a firmer pudding. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the cream cheese, mashed strawberries and confectioners’ sugar into a mixing bowl. Cream until soft and well combined. Fold in 1 cup of the Stabilized Whipped Creamor Cool Whip and gently mix.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and completely cover with a single layer of strawberries.
- With an offset spatula, place dollops of the cream cheese on top of the strawberries and gently spread until completely covered.
- Spread the pudding layer over the cream cheese.
- Top with the remaining Stabilized Whipped Cream or Cool Whip.
- Top with the remaining whole and sliced strawberries, and sprinkle with more graham cracker crumbs.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving to set.