- 1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (3-ounce) box strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed and puréed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)
- Garnish: sliced fresh strawberriesStrawberry Cream Cheese Frosting1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 (10-ounce) package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed, puréed, and divided
1/2 teaspoon strawberry extract
7 cups confectioners’ sugarMakes 1 (9-inch) cake
Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Spread Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish with sliced fresh strawberries, if desired. Store cake, covered, in the refrigerator up to 3 days.Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with a mixer until creamy.
Beat in 1/4 cup strawberry purée; reserve remaining purée for another use. Beat in extract. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth.
For pinker frosting, add 2 to 3 drops of red food coloring to frosting.
Source : allrecipes.com