My favorite is their caramel one. I’ve cut the fat and calories by using 1% milk, mostly Splenda or Stevia and a little sugar. Adding just a small amount of sugar really adds to the taste. You really don’t need much. Each skinny remake has 132 calories, 1.8 grams of fat and 4 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS, 4 Smartpoints. This includes a little light whipped cream and caramel drizzle on top. A Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino Light has 152 calories and 1.3 grams of fat not including whipped cream or caramel drizzle. Sit down, relax and enjoy this rich tasting, chilly treat. Have fun skinny sipping!
- Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 4
- Weight Watchers Smartpoints 4
- Makes 2 drinks. Each (1½ cups)
- ⅔ cup double-strength regular or decaf coffee, chilled, see prep tip
- ⅔ cup (1%) low-fat milk, see substitution tip
- 2 tablespoons caramel topping
- 4 packages Splenda, Stevia, Equal or your favorite sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2¾ cups ice
Ingredients for Topping:
- Light whipped cream or light vanilla flavored whipped cream, see shopping tip
- 1½ teaspoons caramel topping
1. Combine chilled coffee, milk, 2 tablespoons caramel topping, Splenda, sugar, vanilla and ice in a blender. Blend on high speed until ice is crushed and drink is smooth. Pour into 2 glasses.
2. Top each glass with 2 tablespoons whipped cream and drizzle about ¾ teaspoon caramel topping over each.
3. Serve at once with a straw, if desired
Makes 2 drinks. Each (1½ cups)
In 2004, Starbucks created a “Light” version which according to the company has 54% of the calories, 15% of the fat and 52% of the carbohydrates of the original. Frappuccino is a trademarked line of blended coffee drinks sold by Starbucks. It consists of coffee blended with ice and various other ingredients, usually topped with whipped cream.
New to some supermarkets is a light vanilla flavored whipped cream. The vanilla makes it a creamy color. instead of white. I found it at Safeway/Vons. If you can’t find it use any brand of light whipped cream.
Make double-strength regular or decaf coffee by brewing with twice the coffee required by your coffee maker. Use 2 tablespoons of ground coffee per each cup of coffee. Chill before using. Make extra, if desired, to keep on hand in the refrigerator.
I like to used fresh brewed hazelnut flavored coffee for this recipe because I love hazelnut coffee but any regular or decaf coffee will work.
To cut the calories and fat further, use nonfat milk instead of 1% and all Splenda, no sugar. These Skinny Facts still include the topping- 109 calories, 1g fat, 3g protein, 22g carbs, 133mg sodium 0g fiber, 1g sugar. Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 3- made with nonfat milk, no sugar, only Splenda and includes toppings
Nutritional Info :
- Weight Watchers Smartpoints 4
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 4
Skinny Facts: for 1 (1½ cups) serving including 2 tablespoons light whipped cream and a little caramel drizzle
133 calories, 1.8g fat, 3g protein 26g carbs, 0g fiber, 126mg sodium, 9g sugarRegular Facts: for a Starbucks (12 oz) Light Caramel Frappuccino
152 calories, 1.3g fat, 6g protein, 30g carbs, 2g fiber, 22g sugar