For years, I tried to master bread making, and much to my dismay, it was always a fail. Either my bread dough did not rise or the finished product was as heavy as a bowling ball. I needed some serious help. You see, I am not a quitter so I continued to try my hand at homemade bread making. One day, I came across this fabulous basic white bread recipe and everything changed. This recipe is very simple to follow and straightforward. There are no fancy schmancy steps, it’s just total bread making bliss.
I ended up getting this bread recipe right on my very first try. I was really happy, to say the least. My bread looked and tasted just a s good as my grandma’s. It was about time as I had spent over two years on failed attempts. Oh well, practice makes perfect, right?
- In a * Bosch mixer, mix water, Crisco, sugar, powdered milk and yeast together.
- Add at Least 2 cups wheat flour, vital wheat gluten, and lecithin and mix Until smooth before adding salt.
- Add remaining flour and wheat continue to add white bread flour Until it pulls completely from sides of the bowl.
- Knead for 7-8 minutes on high.
- Form into loaves. Place in well-greased loaf pans. Let it rise till * Reaches top of loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Rub butter on top of hot bread.
- Makes 5 large loaves.