- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (or 12 oz shredded cooked chicken)
- 2 sweet potatoes 12 oz total, spiralized and cut into 6-inch lengths
- 4 medium vine tomatoes
- 4 dried guajillo chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion (quartered)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded chopped scallions for topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place the spiralized sweet potatoes with the smallest noodle blade and place them in a 9 x 13 oval casserole dish.
If you’re cooking the chicken, bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium pot and add chicken breast, cook 10 minutes. Remove from water, set aside to cool and shred the chicken. Place in a large bowl.
Bring a large pot of water to boil and add guajillo peppers, cover and simmer on medium until the peppers are soft, 10 to 20 minutes depending on the pepper. Remove peppers and let cool, cut the stem and and remove the seeds and the inside of peppers. Transfer to a blender.
Pour the mixture into the large bowl with the shredded chicken, black beans and corn.
Top with cheese, cover with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour, or until the sweet potatoes are tender.