- One 9-inch pie/ 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 slice |
- 9-inch round baking pan
- 1-1/2 cups part-skim ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + more for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper + more for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 (9-inch) store bought round puff pastry dough
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 carrots, peeled, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium eggplant, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta, eggs, half of the Parmesan, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Place the puff pastry on a greased 9-inch baking pan then prick it with a fork.
- Pour the ricotta mixture on the dough.
- Make sure that the vegetable slices are of similar height before starting to put them in the pie.
- Starting from the outer edge, line the pie with the vegetables, one kind per line. Alternate with the other vegetables until you reach the central part.
- Once the pie is filled up, drizzle or brush the vegetables with extra virgin olive oil then sprinkle with salt, pepper and the remaining Parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour in the middle rack. If you see that the pie is already brown before 1 hour, take it out of the oven, cover it with an aluminum foil and finish cooking it until the hour ends.
Nutritional Info :
- Calories: 179 | Smart Points: 6 | Total Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 64 mg | Sodium: 175 mg | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 13 g