- Serving Size : 54g
- Smartpoints : 4
- 1 egg
- 7oz / 200g ricotta (preferably full fat but low fat also works)
- 8oz / 250g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess water
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese (or tasty or gruyere or any other melting cheese with flavour)
- ¾ tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 2 sheets puff pastry (25cm/10″ square), defrosted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (egg wash)
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Spray 2 standard muffin / cupcake tins with oil.
- Place egg in a bowl and lightly whisk. Add remaining Filling ingredients and mix to combine. Taste and adjust
- salt to taste.
- Cut each pastry into 9 equal pieces (18 in total). You probably won’t use 3 pieces.
- Mould 15 pieces of pastry into the muffin tins.
- Divide the Filling between each, then bring the four corners into the centre and press down to stick together.
- Don’t overfill otherwise you won’t be able to seal the pastries or they will burst open when baking (which regularly happens with mine).
- Brush with egg wash, then bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before removing.
- Serve warm or cool.
- SmartPoints value : 4