- 6 (1 ¼ CUP) SERVINGS
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 13 oz Smoked Turkey Sausage, sliced (I used Hillshire Farms)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ¼ cups low sodium fat free chicken broth
- 10 oz can Ro-Tel tomatoes & green chiles, original
- ½ cup fat free half and half
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 10 oz uncooked wheat pasta (I used farfalle/bowties)
- 4 oz reduced fat Pepper jack cheese, shredded (I used Cabot 50%)
- 2 medium scallions, diced
- In a large skillet or sauté pan (oven-safe if you have it – I don’t!), add the olive oil and bring over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sausage to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes until sausage is browned and onions are tender.
- Add the garlic and stir. Continue to cook for another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the broth, Ro-Tel, half and half, salt and pepper and mix together.
- Add the uncooked pasta and stir together until the liquid covers the pasta. Cover the skillet and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and keep covered. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
- Set your oven to broil and make sure one of your oven racks is in the top 1/3 of the oven. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in half of the shredded cheese.
- If your skillet is oven-safe, you may continue to use it in the following steps. If it isn’t (mine isn’t) or you aren’t sure, transfer the pasta into a baking dish. I used a 7×11 dish but you can certainly use a 9×13.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the top of the pasta and follow it with the sliced scallions.
- Place the dish in the top 1/3 of the oven and broil for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown (keep checking because broiling can happen really fast!).
Nutritional Info :
- WEIGHT WATCHERS SMARTPOINTS:
10 per serving (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
- WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS:
9 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
- NUTRITION INFORMATION:
366 calories, 42 g carbs, 7 g sugars, 11 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 25 g protein, 4 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)